If you’re looking for a 4K monitor and you have the space for this HUGE monitor; then I would highly recommend it. It’s available on Amazon.
For the price, it’s a super bargain!
- 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS
- HDCP 2.2 Compatible
- USB Type C™
- 4x HDMI Inputs
- On Screen Control
- Factory Calibrated
Here are the reasons why it’s so great:
1. It’s 43 inches, which is a probably the biggest I would want as a monitor. If it was any bigger I would have to sit further away to view the whole thing, which defeats the purpose of a large monitor.
2. It’s a 4K display, so you have tons of real-estate to work with. 4K is not a new thing, but with a 43″ display, I can run 4K and put my font scaling to 100% and everything is a comfortable size to read. Compared to using a smaller display and having to increase the font scaling just so I can read the text.
3. The panel is IPS, which means it’s got great viewing angles and superb colors.
4. It runs 4K at 60Hz super smooth for productivity work, and this signal can come from HDMI, Display Port, or even USB-C! 5. I’ve tried to use 4K TVs as monitor before, but always had problems, for example even at 60Hz it felt laggy, the colors never looked right, and some TVs won’t go to sleep mode if you turn off the computer.
5. The USB-C, Display Port, and HDMI can carry audio, and the Monitor has decent speakers; they sound a little boomy like TV speakers, but they work just fine.
Of course as with anything, there are some things that are not so great about it.
1. Because of the sheer size, when sitting close, the edges appear to be dim, about 15-20 pixels worth. This is simply due to the viewing angle. If I sit back a bit, or move my head directly over the edge, then everything is perfect.
2. The USB-C connection works great. However, those expecting the USB-C to connect to also charge your MacBook, please note that it does not.
For the price there is no better deal for a huge 4K Display, for productivity work and light gaming, see current prices on amazon. I highly recommend it! And since you are buying on Amazon, if you don’t like it, simply return it.